Irish Time

Friday, May 31, 2013

Martin Corey Poem


Poem for Martin Corey




Got this from the release Martin Corey Facebook page, dont know who the author is but it is an amazing poem. Those of you that dont follow my blog, Martin Corey has been interned by the British despite court ruling for three years now, simply for being an unrepentant Irish Republican. This poem expresses the spirt of the man, still unbroken and unapologetic for wanting his country to be free.
 Written by  Tarlach MacDhomnaill
I’ll shed no tears for who I am,
It’s no mans to betray
so you wont hear remorse or woe
from my prison cell today,
And for this stance I served my woe
back in another time
in another prison’s yard I walked
with hopes and dreams of mine
… Should I repent for what was done
when what was done was right ?
when we fought wrong and suffered long
as day rolls in to night
Apologise or feel regret
for rising of our knees?
and giving all our youths in faith
so others may run free?
I tried to live as man should live,
beyond the walls of Gaol,
but I roared back -of course I did
when I heard injustice wail,
but did no wrong to any man
nor broke no british law
and yet the British came for me
and oul comrades never saw?
3 years i’ve walked this Prison’s yard
its nothing new no more,
I walked another prisons yard
with the same belief before,
It wasn’t walked for Stormont,
Civil rights was not the goal
It was walked for the Republic
not a viceroys border poll,
Interned I am by licence,
an example made of me
to keep manners on old rebels
who don’t want to walk with me
indefinate detention for being who I am,
ex-combatant, ex long kesh and current unbowed Irish man
so instead of feigned repentance
lets refuse to wear their shame
and proudly work to see me free -
Martin Corey is my name

No comments:

FriendFeed

IrishBlog

Twitter follow

THE WIND THAT SHAKES THE BARLEY IN IRELAND - SHARE

Share/Bookmark

Facebook Badge

Facebook

BOBBY SAND'S COMRADES TORTURED AGAIN OCCUPIED IRELAND

BOBBY SANDS COMRADES TORTURED AGAIN OCCUPIED IRELAND -http://... on Twitpic

Fwicki

Fwicki - RSS Management, Multimedia Data Portals, Syndication Consulting Services

YouTube

Friendconnect

javascript

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

networkedblogs

Search This Blog

AllVoices

Iraq Death Estimator

Iraq Deaths Estimator

ShareThis

NEWS you WON"T find on the BBC

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogCatalog

Music Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Irish Blogs

theBestLinks

Watch favourite links

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Slashdot

Subscribe to updates

Share on Friendfeed

FriendFeed badge

Irishblogdirectory

Irish Blog Directory

My Headlines

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Newstrust

irishblogs

Irish Blogs

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

My Headlines

My Headlines

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Headlines

    Ireland Headline Animator

    Slashdot

    PLEASE RE-TWEET THIS BLOG !

    My Headlines

    Newstrust

    Follow Blog

    IrelandYouTube Headline Animator

    Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

    TweetIt

    My Blog List

    Followers

    Blog Archive